So two nights ago I couldn’t sleep at all. So I got up and put a row of corn behind the barn. Then yesterday I figured, why not add a pond too? And that’s all the sewing I got done for three days 😦 I can’t decide which animals to put in the picture, or where. I guess the pond will get some ducks, and maybe the barn window can get a tiny rooster. The composition looks crowded and empty at the same time.
And yes, that’s it sitting on top of Ave Maris Stella, on top of a pillow. Ave Maris Stella is waiting for more beads to arrive. I love Mill Hill beads, but they aren’t available here, and unfortunately they are awfully slow at getting mailed.
Last night I wound all my skeins of cotton floss onto cardboard, labeled by color number. This is helpful because a) your floss doesn’t get all tangled up, and b) you can see exactly how much you have left of each color. All my cotton floss now is Ariadna, the main Polish brand. I have to say, though, it is much less soft and shiny than DMC or Anchor. (I have one skein of black DMC left, and I much prefer its texture.)